Saturday 23 April 2016

23 April 2016



Thought you might like to see my other toy - Bertie (a name chosen by my grandson). Rather a different kettle of fish from the 40-50. For a start the engine is about one tenth of the size. Actually when I got it the engine was in (broken) bits. It had to have new liners, pistons, crankshaft and most other bits. The photo is a fake I’m afraid, but it certainly tootles along these Welsh country lanes.

   I thought about putting davits on the back of the 40-50 and carrying this one as a sort of life-raft when it is finished.   
  But to be serious for a moment, does it really matter what model or marque we choose? The challenges posed by and the satisfaction gained from the restoration (and running!) of old cars helps to keep one active and sane. Never mind the price tag or the cachet of the name, just enjoy.   

“Austin 7s - the best big boys’ Meccano set in the world” (Michael Forrest)

Poop. Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment